Welcome to Math, Chocolate and Circus! I’m a mathematician currently inhabiting the academic nether-land between graduate school and faculty jobs, called a post-doc. Luckily I’m now living in a country (Australia) where post-docs are treated as real employees and human beings, so I feel pretty spoiled.
I also bake a lot (usually with chocolate), and I take circus classes (aerials) as a hobby. When I get bored with all the stability and job security afforded me by academia, I sometimes dream of running away with the circus. I love sarcasm but I’m actually a quite happy person.
You might enjoy reading this blog if:
- You are my mom. (Or other close family member or friend who is interested in reading random stuff I write.)
- You are an early career academic and you enjoy reading about other people who are surviving it so far.
- You are a female in math, science or engineering (I don’t plan to write about being female so much, but I am).
- You like chocolate and want to read personal blurbs with occasional recipes.
- You like math and want to read personal blurbs interspersed with math bits. (Degree in math not needed.)